How to Use Pattern HTV
We loved patterned heat transfer vinyl (aka HTV, iron on vinyl, etc). But if you’ve never used it before, it can be a little bit tricky. Unlike traditional HTV, patterned HTV tends to cut and apply more like adhesive vinyl. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you figure it out!
- Once you have your design ready to cut, place your patterned HTV on your cutting mat, pattern side facing up.
- Here’s a big one. DO NOT MIRROR your design.
- Set your cutting machine to HTV / iron-on and start cutting!
- Once cut, weed any excess vinyl.
- For patterned HTV you need some form of transfer tape. Apply your transfer tape to the cut and weeded design. We recommend Siser TTD High Tack Mask (and we include one free sheet with every pattern HTV order!)
- Using the High Tack Mask, peel your design from its backer and apply it to the item you are decorating.
- Leaving the High Tack Mask in place, press at 305 degrees with medium pressure for 10 to 15 seconds (times and temps may vary depending on your equipment).
- Hot or cold peel off the High Tack Mask (and save it to reuse for future projects!)
Now your design is in place and you’re good to go. Still have questions? Send our team a message through this site or one of our social media channels. We’re happy to help!